Fall joys.

I typed up a lengthy blog post last weekend, not knowing that the internet wasn't working so none of the words saved. By the time I realized it I was definitely not in the mood to type it all again. I pretty much felt how that walnut face looks above. (lol)

This weekend though, let's try again. First and foremost, can I just say the news and some other heavy things have felt so devastating to me and I know to you too recently. I know that by not saying something it may appear I'm oblivious which certainly isn't true. Yet I also don't have sufficient words so I'll simply say my heart is wrecked for the lives lost in our world. I tell myself though that if I hide in my house, refusing to engage with the light and good and hope, then darkness wins again.  

So in order to put LIGHT back in the world and to remain full of hope and joy for the people I have been entrusted with around me (my family, friends, students) I choose to capture the good while also grieving for our world.  Life is a lot of things at once, isn't it?
A couple weekends ago we rode Square to Square with my parents. This was 30 miles total on the bikes!
Outfit details: 
Shirt and cardigan-thrifted
Skirt-??? don't remember
Loafers-Dr. Scholls from T.J. Maxx

This post is filled with shadow and light, which just captures my heart completely this time of year!

We had our first fire a couple weekends ago and now it's hot again! Hot for October at least. 

The zinnias are still so beautiful by our driveway. I am noticing less butterflies and moths though.


These two flower bouquets are in honor of two family members we've lost in the past year. It's been tough.

Creepy or cool? I love talking to my students about spiders and seeing which ones love them and which ones think they're scary.  Next week we have some fun spider activities planned for after book check-out!  Just with playdough and craft supplies so even my non-spider loving friends will enjoy it. 
I've changed some habits-I now drink matcha tea in the morning and one cup of coffee in the afternoon. 
The peppers are still going strong on in the garden! I've been making a delicious chickpea curry about once a week to take in my school lunches and putting a lot of peppers in.


I'm still really enjoying painting and drawing on an almost daily basis.
Beautiful, inspiring color on these carrots! They tasted delicious too.
I drew this in the almost dark one morning. 

I like how when I have art supplies out and ready to use on the table the girls are so much more likely to make art too.

Outfit details:
Jacket and dress-thrifted
Clogs-Soft Walk brand. I wore these for 11 hours straight one day and my feet were fine. They are AMAZING!



A new drink favorite from Natural Grocers!
Last week I hosted a book fair with a local bookstore called Once Upon a Time books. It was really successful and the kids had a lot of fun! I sure was tired at the end of the week though and taught a lot of money lessons. :)

I never have any plan when it comes to making art. I just make it!

I need an updated photo because we've done quite a few of these already! I never get frustrated if we don't do everything on a bucket list. It's just for fun! For example: we didn't make it to our favorite pumpkin patch in time and instead we stood in the grocery store parking lot to pick out our carving pumpkins. Made me laugh.

Brett is building an outbuilding!

Just messing around with some old designs on Procreate.
Outfit details:
Cardigan and dress-thrifted
Pants-Universal Thread
Shoes-Soft Walk clogs



A little tip: if you find a mini dress you love just put a turtleneck and jeans under! 
I will wear a dress and jeans for life. I just love the look and practicality of it! 
Outfit details:
Dress and turtleneck-thrifted
Jeans-Levis
Shoes-thrifted


The girls and I took a walk in the woods by our house last week to see what signs of fall were around. This is what we saw! 



I even took my Nikon along for the walk. I really, really want to shoot with film again but feel intimidated by it. 
The light in my library in the late afternoon is just warm and divine.
Worked late a couple of nights last week for conferences but got to enjoy the most beautiful sunsets on the drive home.

Outfit details:
jumpsuit-Target
cardigan-hand me down
clogs-Soft Walk


This day I got home late too and was SO tired. But I wore my Taylor Swift glasses on the way home, cranked the music up, and it cheered me right up! 
Outfit details:
dress and jacket-thrifted
jeans-Universal Thread
and of course, my trusty Doc Martens

I'm running again!! I got new running shoes and a legit pair of running socks and WOW, it has made such a difference. I'm still feeling like it will be a miracle if/when I cross the finish line at the Hogeye Half Marathon but I'm ready to fight for it!

The leaves in Arkansas are just starting to really show off. It never gets old.
We've had time to run errands this weekend which has been nice! We went to Hobby Lobby, the library, Natural Grocers, took donations in, washed the car....

and went to War Eagle craft fair! We like to get there as soon as they open at 8:00.  

I bought these bracelets, plus some earrings.


My wonderful girls and I.
I thought these were the cutest things EVER at War Eagle. I just couldn't decide which one to pick, but finally went with the one on the left. My mom-in-law surprised me and bought me the one on the right cause she knew I couldn't decide. So very sweet. :)
This rainbow cloud thing was in the sky for a lot of today. I'm taking it as a sign of hope!
I've had 4 days in a row with health issues (related to being a woman) that are really wearing on me. 

This is your reminder that you might not know everything someone is dealing with. 
Parking lot pumpkin patch for the win this year. 
We treated ourselves to our favorite coffee place EVER, Summer Moon! 
Outfits picked and ready for another week. I absolutely love getting dressed in the morning, love style posts, makeup, all of it. It's a lot of fun for me. If I have to pick what I'm going to wear in the morning I'm definitely more likely to throw something on. I'm so not a morning person when it comes to being creative with style. I'll show what these looked like on at the end of the week!

War Eagle fun!

Outfit details:
cardigan-J.Crew Outlet
shirt and shoes-thrifted
jeans-Universal Thread

What's been consistently good for you lately?
For me: matcha with honey, Taylor Swift's music and movie, the changing leaves, hot tea, art making, reading, a new lipstick, cooking, cinnamon, and getting out and doing things for fun. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Room for the Rosy: a new blog.

Daily joys lately.

Getting into the swing of summer, one good thing at a time.