What I wore lately...

Hello friends, how are you on the almost last day of 2022? I am extremely hopeful for the new year. A practice I really got into the last couple of years, as you know, is putting thought into what I wear each day and considering it a creative practice. I just love to get dressed in the morning! When it's cold and yucky out I do love a cozy yoga pants and sweatshirt day as much as anybody. But for the most part, something more put together is what makes me feel best. I like to browse other people's outfit posts and get ideas. I need to perfect the natural lighting, standing by a neutral wall or something shot.  My reality for now is typically an early morning snap or an evening one so maybe not the ideal background but it's just what I have to work with. 

This was a look for work. I love my Vans and really want to get a high-top pair. 

And this was a "just woke from a nap" look. I didn't feel well this day at all but stayed home sick the next day to sleep and thankfully, it helped a ton. I'm learning to take care of myself in a different way by not letting myself get super sick before I decide to do something about it.

This jacket and shirt are hand me downs so to the family members that passed them on-thank you! 
Also, my Dr. Scholl's loafers found at T.J. Maxx and jeans from Target. I love their Universal Thread jeans! They are inexpensive and the sizing is consistent.
Christmas day look! These black jeans are Levis and I wish they were longer. I guess I'm old now because I want my pants to go up to my bellybutton or near it at least and the length to be longer. I saw a picture recently of the SUPER low cut jeans that were on trend with the baby doll tees when we were younger and I just thanked my lucky stars that has passed! Or for us close to 40 it has at least. :)
On Christmas I was super busy in the kitchen all morning long so I let my hair air dry and liked how it turned out. I think I'll repeat it again soon. I'm also letting my grey show/the color I dyed my hair with back in September grow out. Please, oh please, let me have pretty grey hair!  We shall see. 

My heart necklace is from Gorjana, a gift to myself after my birthday. I wear it daily!
This is how I dress when the temp is in the negatives and we have a fire going constantly and are staying home. Layer upon layer. I wore this for several DAYS. 
A going to the library look.
Easy layers, thrifted jeans and sweater and a hand me down shirt. I love these jeans so much! They are J.Crew and just the perfect fit. A lucky thrift find!

I haven't been thrifting in a long time. The last time I ran in to look for something specific the store was terribly disorganized and messy and it seemed like only junk was available. Boo. I really dislike it when people donate stuff that should qualify as trash.  For instance, if I have clothing that is torn or stained, I throw it away. I don't donate it.  Just my personal pet peeve I guess. But I do like the creativity of thrifting and putting together outfits no one else will have on. I need to just give up the Goodwill for a while I guess.
Warm, cozy layers.
My secret santa at work got me the most perfect shirt!! A rainbow, books, and the word "librarian"?! Absolute perfection. Me on a shirt!
So I wore this super beaded jacket to church and no, I don't really know anyone else in my life that would ever wear such a thing. But I loved it. And then the most stylish, well-dressed person at church possibly complimented me on it. I guess all I mean is, just wear what you like! 
Apparently I'm just repeating layers, with these same boots and jeans throughout this post! I need/want to wear dresses and skirts more but I've never figured out a solution for getting my tights to not stick. So I'll wear leggings but those don't always look right. Anybody have a tip for the tights? 

I still LOVE doing my nails and I think have gotten really good at it. I liked this shade of green a lot. My favorite nail polish brands are O.P.I. and Essie. I do at least one or two layers of a clear base coat, two layers of color, and a top coat. I'll do this while I'm blogging, reading, or something else and then the polish stays for a whole week.
This was a totally warm outfit because I had leggings on underneath. Can you tell that warmth is the top of my list for how I dress this time of year? It's such a hard time for this spring/summer loving gal to be bundled up and COLD. I strongly dislike it. So wearing color and warm layers does seem to help.

I bought this different style of jeans from Old Navy and am still getting used to not seeing myself in a skinny jean. But my legs thank me. As always in winter, in my trusty Doc Martens! I wear this velvet blazer a ton too. It's definitely one of my favorite winter pieces.

This must have been warmer weather since I have bare ankles and feet. Are you a person who has to have their ankles and feet in warm socks and boots when it's cold? I definitely am. 

I used to think that putting this much thought and time into what I wore was silly or materialistic. But the truth is we're all putting time into something. Also, I once heard Stacey London on What Not to Wear make the case that it takes just as much time to put on pajama pants or sweatpants as it does a pair of jeans or joggers. The point being-it really isn't that hard to get dressed in the mornings. Just wear what makes you feel good! For me, it's these little outfits. 

Admittedly, sometimes I will have a picture I took of an outfit and won't like the outfit and won't post the pic or repeat wearing it again. Just keeping it real. But the little experiment of figuring out what I DO like is very fun indeed. 

What about you? Maybe in the new year you could have some fun with what you wear? 


Comments

  1. I'm going back to work in a couple days and needed some outfit ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You are so welcome! I hope this helped. I've been in comfy clothes a ton over the break and need to get back into the habit of picking out what I wear the night before. My brain is mush in the morning before coffee!

      Delete
  2. Great outfits! Since I work from home mostly I find it very hard to be motivated to dress up if I know I will be sitting down and cold all day. I used to thrift a lot more too but lately the quality is not great (plus the thrift store I go to organizes their clothes by COLOR and not size so shopping is extremely frustrating.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally be the same if I were home and going to be cold! I would dress for warmth more than anything. :) Maybe some cute and cozy scarves? I'm with you on the thrifting-please organize by size. It's so much easier to shop that way!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Room for the Rosy: a new blog.

Daily joys lately.

Getting into the swing of summer, one good thing at a time.