Rosy things again.

Every week I sit here and tell myself I should really have come up with a more creative or enticing blog title by now, but I really don't know how else to say it other than here we are with another round of good things. It was our first partial week of summer. More on that later. 
This morning we went to the Farmer's Market, which we're always guaranteed to see friends at and we did!
We had the best drinks ever-matcha cacao latte's with homemade oat milk. 
Outfit pic by Brett. I was actually getting myself ready to have my picture taken here and asked if I looked like an influencer, as a joke to which Brett replied by asking "what is an influencer?". 
I laughed because he was serious! 
THIS was the amazing matcha!! Seriously, so good and the nicest gals running the booth. Plus, the pretty styling of the drink-my favorite.
Tried a new place called Thai Taste this week and it was delicious! I had these and the jalapeño fried rice. It's in Springdale and I highly recommend.  
I got to meet my twin this week at the Buffalo River.
Sometimes Brett and I eat a late dinner together and call it a date. With older kids they're pretty much always up the same time as us (almost) so we take the quality time where we can get it. This night we had fried shrimp and garden salad.
Did some hopscotch lately. You're never too old! Plus I liked this picture with my two girls in the background.
I wanted all of these markers at Hobby Lobby so badly. I mean-fluorescent?! I am a neon queen. But at $6 a pop I told myself no. Sigh...
We have one little patch of coneflowers that always pop up year after year and just delight me to no end. Each year a few more actually pop up than the one before. I like the surprise of not knowing how many will bloom, but also the steady way I can count on them coming back in summer.

One of the things I realized I have been missing so much is crafting. Remember back earlier in the 2000's when crafting was such a thing and we would all share on our blogs what we made? I miss that. So the girls and I told ourselves we'd do two crafts off our list and get all the supplies. Then two more. We started with beading and tie dye.
I made this necklace and have worn it several times already. My students really liked it. :)
Last day of school vibes.
Saying goodbye to the plants in the library. Most of them I let some third-grade students take home. 
I am missing my library already.
Started the summer off by tidying this room up.
Summer nails! I always do my own, just stuff you can buy at Wal-Mart or Walgreens. The trick to getting the polish to last is to do a base coat, two coats of color, and a top coat. I started this hobby in Covid and it stuck.
This salad for dinner was delicious. It had avocado, sweet potato, bacon, green olives, and garden lettuce topped with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
Wore this to the Buffalo River and it was super comfortable. This is actually a skort with bike shorts built in. 
It was such a beautiful day at the river! My sister and I let the kids play, fish, and swim plus we had a picnic for lunch. 

See the heart?! 
The sky was absolutely stunning at the river. 
The cousins found treasures. :) 

On the way home we stopped in this building that said "Little Free Library". It wasn't actually a free library in the same sense that the little houses are you see on sidewalks, but it WAS a lending library someone had organized. It was organized and very cute inside and I just loved that someone took it upon themselves to create a library for the community.

The light keeps getting my attention in the morning and evening. 
A "going to see the Little Mermaid and it might be cold" look. We loved the movie and it was indeed, cold inside the theater. We go to the movies once or twice a year and so it really has to be something we feel is worth it to see.
We've visited two libraries this week, both Fayetteville and Springdale. 
Found some leftover carrot and ginger soup and ate it one day with rice seasoning on top. It was delicious! This is one of my favorite meals to prep for lunches. I like to add some beans to the soup to make it even more filling.
Brett is always sweetly bringing me flowers.  Here lately carnations have been the favorite because they last so long. 
We had the most delicious strawberries for breakfast in these tiny bowls from Asian Amigo. 
Weekend breakfast is the best! One of the girls made us homemade bread and kimchi on a fried egg is always a favorite. 
Got this skort from T. J. Maxx. I am really into these this year as an alternative to just wearing athletic shorts all summer long. This was after a five mile treadmill session. I'm definitely doing different types of exercise besides just running but still love the running (or the benefits at least) too much to quit.

A very good drink indeed! This is mint from the garden, Topo Chico (my favorite sparkling water) and Ginger syrup from Pink House Alchemy.

In other news, we are busy with friends, family, and church the next couple of weeks. I am trying to find that balance of getting some things done this summer while also trying to rest as well. 

What's been good in your part of the world? 



 

Comments

  1. Enjoy your summer break. I have been looking into crafty things for the young grandchildren to do and keep busy when I babysit. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Room for the Rosy: a new blog.

Daily joys lately.

Getting into the swing of summer, one good thing at a time.