Bubbles












I used to firmly believe that pictures taken with a DSLR were always (and I do mean, always) far superior to phone pics. While I do still believe that a DSLR or film camera certainly provide a different type of quality than a phone snap, I also think maybe it's much less about the tool and more about the artist's mind behind the lens? 

These were all taken with my phone, on a regular summer evening out on the porch with my girls and Brett.  They are some of my favorite photos I've ever taken. No fancy equipment needed, I didn't plan these or style everything just perfectly. I was just aware of the magic around me, played around with the perspective in which I was viewing the bubbles and quickly snapped these.  When I went back through my phone reel, I gasped in surprise. They captured something about the essence of summer I probably couldn't have captured had I tried too hard or planned in advance. 

Be back in a day or two with a regular post full of good things, but this is our collective reminder that sometimes (ok, a lot of times) the magic actually lies in the spontaneous, the undoing of perfection, the playful parts of life we're usually too busy and tired to notice. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Room for the Rosy: a new blog.

Daily joys lately.

Getting into the swing of summer, one good thing at a time.