Good things gathered.


Hey everyone who has stuck around in this original blogging world to read another week of good things. It sure is great to have you. I find the pace a little slower, the comments a LOT kinder, and the nostalgia of taking the time to write about a week of good things deeply satisfying and more fulfilling than other social media avenues. That's just me though!
I'm sitting outside, after spending most of the day outside yesterday as well and it is just gorgeous. Just the dreamiest weather with the sun out and birds and bugs keeping me company. Plus I can hear Brett on the tractor cutting hay and that sound always feels like summer to me. It is good to be feeling more well rested, to be very excited for summer, and to already be dreaming up BIG things for my library next year. 

Let's get into these good things I gathered over the last week, shall we? This all ties in to my blog name, which is to say that my weeks are always extremely busy and certainly come with their fair share of stress just like anyone else's. I figured out though I can quickly grab onto some good in the midst of it all or not, but either way the time will pass. 

The photo above is more play time in my art journal. I never have a plan of what I'll put down on the page. I ALWAYS have a plan for my life otherwise. In fact, some of my favorite words in a busy season are "let's color code this". I love a color-coded list!
Just some artsy things I want to try my hand at this summer. 
Layers for church. It's always so cold in there. I just love a dress over jeans. 
Fuzzy things spotted while taking a walk around the yard.

I had mentioned the past few weeks were very packed and I was really worn out. I do recognize part of this is because of my highly sensitive personality. It's a real thing by the way. I feel like saying that about yourself always gets either an eye roll or a "yeah, right". But I can't tell you how many times I've just sensed something about a person or situation-maybe that they weren't ok or something wasn't quite right even without them saying a word and so far I've always been right. It means I make a wonderful teacher for my students-I can quickly "read" the room and pick up on things others don't notice. It also means because I'm taking in so many needs and emotions from day to day sometimes (ok, every day really) I just need a few minutes to sit under a blanket and decompress.  

I also try very hard to start my morning with one cup of quiet coffee. The room is quiet I mean, not the coffee. :)  We stick to a routine in the summer and still get up at the same time as always for the most part. It's just what we prefer and it sure makes going back to school in August feel easier. 
As I was racing past this room one morning to leave for work I thought the sunlight was just too brilliant not to capture.
Seen at work-happy!
I found this texture from something in the yard and wished I would have picked it up for my art journal.
This day I had work until about 6:00 at night because of our very fun sock hop and ice cream social so I chose linen to wear. Comfy and cool!
A lot of exciting things have been happening at work lately, including our new Little Free Library being installed! 
We don't go for coffee a lot because we make it at home twice a day usually. However, if you're local and looking for a gorgeous spot with the best coffee in town (well, ok-tied with Arsaga's at the Mill) I'd recommend Summer Moon! 
I haven't trusted myself enough to wear white pants before in an elementary school but I do love a white shirt!

My parent's yard and garden is just a dream! 
We got to watch this sunset the whole way home from church. 
This day I needed to move a lot of furniture around the library so I once again dressed for ultimate comfort-Old Navy linen pants and Reef sandals.
Favorite lip stuff EVER. It's really the only lipstick or chapstick I wear.
I made a very delicious salad from Half Baked Harvest last week. It was the pretzel chicken and basil pesto dressing one. SO, so good. All 4 of us gobbled it up!
This girl does love books and my students! What a year it's been! One more day of school until we're out for summer. It has been a very, very good year.

In other work news, I applied for and was awarded a grant for $3,000 to buy new books for the library!
We finally got to float this weekend. This is the Buffalo. I'm loving my swimsuit from Wal-Mart. I did get flipped under my kayak for a few seconds this time and that was a first. However,  I had my life jacket on and was able to quickly get out from under it and swim to safety. 
She's always bringing me little flowers. 
LOL.
I found this from one of the girl's backpacks and it made me giggle.
One of the girls came home with the sun/moon they made at school and I loved it so much I just begged to put it in the dining room. Isn't it gorgeous?!
Flowers from Brett and a handmade pottery bowl from one of the girls.

We went exploring in Eureka Springs. 
Of course, we had to stop at the bead shop. I am going to make a bracelet that says "magic" and another that says "la vie en rose". This translates to life in pink, or life looks rosy. 


There were so many pretty flowers and houses to stop and admire in Eureka! We also ate at a music store/restaurant that had a lovely patio and was good and drank coffee from our favorite place there.
I grabbed a handful of things to create with in my art journal on the way there.
Last my outfit of the day for walking around Eureka Springs. 

How are you doing on your side of the screen? I hope you've had time to check in with yourself, deeply relax, and have some fun too! I just really think the world needs more peace-filled, fun, silly, brave, deeply rested, confident, and KIND people in it. The volume is so loud on the hate and disagreements these days. 

Simple is a word and life I crave. 
Until next week, that's what I'll be doing. Living simply and gathering the good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Room for the Rosy: a new blog.

Daily joys lately.

Getting into the swing of summer, one good thing at a time.