Good found.

Hey everybody! Thanks for reading to see what was good this week. I hope it might inspire you too. I've gotta be honest though-I have been extremely and deeply exhausted the past couple of weeks. All the extras that May brings, even though they are all good, just really stack up. My girls and I have three different schools represented between us and we truly do love them all. But I've been trying day by day to do all the things and not let anything fall through the cracks and that has been enough. So far we're doing ok. I have found myself giving mental permission to grab pizza for dinner, go to bed early, and let some things go until summer hits and I can kind of reset a little. Healthy eating and exercise for starters. It's just an ebb and flow, this life isn't it? 

The good things though-they're always there if I only stop to look for them. I enjoyed sitting in the rain, under a covering with my dog in the photo above.
Rain!! I thought the drops looked like polka dots.
There's several photos of me sprinkled throughout this post, in all different ways of looking.  I was fixed up this evening for a graduation party. 

I love keeping art supplies near the dining room table. They are picked up and actually used much more often than when we have them tucked away in a cabinet. 
Linen pants are my absolute favorite lately. Comfy and stretchy? Yes, please. I got these on sale at Old Navy and my shoes are from Wal-Mart. They are very comfortable!
Noted.
I love to notice the sky first thing in the morning and in the evening as well. It's a rhythm I appreciate.
Another comfy outfit that was easy to pull together. These shoes are kind of hard to see, but are also from Wal-Mart and are comfortable. Comfort is a must in case you can't tell! 
This day I layered my two favorite gold necklaces. One has a lotus flower on it, which reminds me of a favorite saying-no mud, no lotus.

We have garden greens! Hooray! I like to pick a bunch of these and then keep them in a Ziplock bag with a paper towel to use throughout the week. I had salads a couple of days last week with sweet potato and chickpea on top for lunch, with a homemade tahini dressing. Delicious! 



Exploring with Brett. 


More exploring in the rain.
We found a new to us nursery with gorgeous plants and flowers and amazing prices!
Favorite color ever-hot pink! 
These colors pleased me. 
Right? I wonder what stories we're telling with our lives now..
Playing around. This is very relaxing for me. I kept wishing I made more art so I've been trying to do something about it. This does mean if I'm making art (even in 10 minute increments) I'm choosing to let something else go. 




Something I definitely like to do is walk around the yard this time of year and note the changes around the yard and pasture.
I cannot believe our blueberries this year! They have really taken off for some reason. Funny story-since we've had a blueberry bush we've only had one blueberry in the past grow and Betsy got to eat it. We've waited years for this many to grow!
The smell of the honeysuckle is divine.
Brett redid the garden with concrete blocks this year. This is a progress shot but it shows how much time and work he's put in! The end result will also include fencing around the entire garden to keep the many deer out. 
Mother's Day.
And now five million pictures of my always favorite things-flowers, coffee, and string lights. :) 








I spotted these poppies growing beyond the fence at my school garden. I just HAD to stop and capture them in all their glory!
Our art teacher had the kids make paper mache dogs and they are adorable.
We have a fancy espresso machine and it's my biggest afternoon treat.

Running on the treadmill, getting that exercise in however I can! I've heard so many times "I could never run on a treadmill consistently". If you're thinking it's boring-you're right. But for me it's either just get on and get it done (which DID turn me into a runner over the past year) or let these excuses pile up. 
I guess all I mean is I've definitely learned over the past year that usually the thinking about the exercising is worse than just getting it done. And the benefits of getting it done are enormous, mainly in that it helps my mental health one trillion percent. Plus the muscles aren't so bad either. :) :)  I think this is why Nike came up with the slogan Just Do It! 
He brought me a rose that was blooming by the driveway.
Some library stats I shared with all staff members and parents as well.


This is my amazing friend Veronica. We grew up together and that is really special to me to still call her friend. She recently graduated and we got to attend a party in her honor. 
The unglamorous, worn out and realistic look at going directly from the treadmill to making dinner.

More playing around in my art journal. This too has fallen by the wayside this week but maybe I can sneak some time in this weekend? 
I love a jumpsuit. This is from Target!

In progress. I really like to work in 10-15 minute increments, going back each day to add a little more here and there.



Morning time on the porch, must have been a weekend! 
Another way I look-bare faced. On Saturdays and in the summer especially, I'm usually not wearing makeup. When I do wear it, my "routine" takes about 10 minutes or less. I'm super fast.

The most delicious omelette made by Brett. 
LOTS of photos of me in this shirt because this was on a weekend when I had time to take extra pics. I did some shopping at TJ Maxx and tried out the wide leg pant which I did NOT like on me.
There, that's better!  I did get these pants, linen again. No surprise there. I'm just so over skinny jeans 7 days a week. My almost 40 year old body has finally had the lightbulb moment that I can wear whatever I want! 
I did get a couple of skorts to wear this summer, like this hot pink one. It has built in bike shorts which I just love. I thought this would be cute with a t-shirt or tank top and some athletic sandals.
We've had a few strawberries ripen this week.
Got the girls a kiddie pool. We're never too old for these!
And another favorite way to check in with myself (as my favorite blogger Shutterbean says) is to journal. I go through one journal a year, just about. 

That's what's been good! It's a lot, isn't it? This is why I truly love and believe in the practice of gratitude, joy, or whatever you want to call this. It just works! I often go back to my own blog posts and look through the photos when I need a reminder of the good. 

Oh! And thank-you for the kind comments on the internet and in person words too about the blog. You all are the kindest! (in an age where I know people can be quite cruel online)

See ya again next week! 

 

Comments

  1. I'm jealous of your blueberry bushes. I planted some last year and do I have to really wait for years for them to produce? Love all your photos capturing your every day life. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy! I hope your blueberries are faster than ours and you don't have to wait as long. I really don't know why ours have taken this long in the first place. Thank-you for reading! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Room for the Rosy: a new blog.

Daily joys lately.

Getting into the swing of summer, one good thing at a time.