Favorite outfits lately.

Hi friends! I've really missed showing up on here the past month or so, but time is precious. Without trying to explain why life is so full I'll just say that the free time moments are often when I'm too tired to type. Good news though-I figured out a MUCH faster way to upload photos so I think I'll be able to blog more often. I remember the old blogging days (I've been at this for 16 years at least!) when I had ample time to take photos with my Nikon and would edit each one perfectly. Now it's usually a quick snap with my phone and a handful of Nikon ones thrown in. The coloring does bother me with phone pics sometimes, like in the photo above. Ideally I would take the time to edit the photos on my phone first and really up the temperature/warmth and contrast. However, with this post I just wanted to show up and not take the time to edit. 

Here's what I've enjoyed wearing lately! I layered up some shirts and paired them with these pants I got at Target. I have had a couple of Target items I've dried that just don't fit the same way anymore, especially in the length. Boo. I should know better! But I do still like these pants.
A new jumpsuit from Target. I stacked a couple of coupons and got this short-sleeved jumpsuit for $28. I've already thought of several ways to style it and the comfort level is high.  I'm so glad/relieved that baggier pants (or really any type of pants) seem to be "in". I'm not big on staying up to date with trends but I do like to see baggier pant options in the stores. My legs thank me! 
This was a "we're home again for snow/ice" day look. 
The Sunday I wore this it was COLD. I have leggings on under my dress too and this is a long-sleeve dress so I was toasty and warm. Just how I like it! 
Several evenings a week and on Saturdays, I look like this.  When I run and train for the half marathon outside I really layer up because it's usually cold. I also wear a Nike waist pack with a few essentials inside and a pepper spray glove as well.  My favorite running shoes are Altra brand.
I still just adore this shirt my Secret Santa at work got me. I added this button-up and my favorite Universal Thread jeans from Target for a quick look on a Monday. The Universal Thread jeans are like less than $30 I think and by far my favorite jeans to wear.
Date night look, on a snowy evening. 
A hand me down shirt and jacket, my favorite shoes currently, and same jeans as always.
Date night hair and makeup. You can't tell in this photo but my grey hair is really starting to show. I'm just going with it.
A "let's go ride bikes with my dad" look.
And last, layered up a cute spring dress with a turtleneck and cardigan. I really do like layering things in winter but also at this point sometimes get tired of trying to dress for warmth. I think it will feel like spring most of the week though and the sun has been staying out until 6:00!! We made it through the hardest patch of the year-winter and early dark. I'm pretty good at tunneling through winter and the dark and finding the rest/happy in it but by this time of year I'm also extremely expectant for spring. 

I'll try to blog some more soon, with regular photos and favorites. Little moments of joy captured.  Maybe I'm showing my age, but here's to just showing up and not trying to make everything so perfect. 
:)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Room for the Rosy: a new blog.

Daily joys lately.

Getting into the swing of summer, one good thing at a time.