Rosy things and routines

Hey everyone! I hope this post finds you relaxed, no matter what your week held.  I'm grateful to be sharing the little snippets I've captured (all phone pics this time) of rosy things and the routines working for me in this rather full season of life.  Isn't it a blessing to have a full season though? I think so. I just keep remembering when school was closed for the remainder of the year and stores and everything were too.  We were so isolated and although we had spring on the farm to keep us company, I am truly glad for this season of being a full-time librarian, lessons and church, playdates and sleepovers. I'm also deeply glad for a small chance to catch my breath. 

The picture above was taken on a recent run, where I ran the farthest I ever have without stopping-7 miles! Running is definitely something that happens in little bits and pieces during the week-a mile here, two miles there.  (and a 1 minute plank, always) But the routine and rhythm of it surprises me each time how much my body craves that type of stress relief.  I have become a runner. I never, ever thought I'd even think those words, let alone type them!  I am still training for a half marathon, which I will accomplish in April.  I've actually already run/walked 13.2 miles before and am pretty regularly doing close to 11 miles. It's taken me six months to get this far in my journey. 
Admittedly, this isn't the prettiest photo around but it's real life and that suits me best. Another routine I've established is making a batch of the same protein bars each weekend for the mornings ahead and preparing salads for my lunches. I just eat the same thing day in and out, and then dinner is something to look forward to.   A tip for keeping salad fresh-I don't put the dressing on until the day of or I store it in a different container.

My students and I wondered and learned about these "monkey brains" (as we learned they are called) last week! Also, I'll show several outfits with these leggings in my next style post. Found at Target and buttery soft. 

Fall has just been absolutely stunning. I can definitely say I've sat or stood by the window and savored every last bit. The changing color of the leaves and the swirl of them as they fall haven't snuck by me. You would think with this kind of deeply noticing I would feel really ready for winter and Christmas, but I don't. 

My kid's teacher sent the most fun quiz to find out what kind of creative type you are and this was my answer. I was so excited when I saw my results because it's true!

A post-run lunch. Egg tacos with avocado, a favorite sauce, and jalapeno. This is my favorite go to meal. 

A little corner of my happy place! I love my job!!
Friday night treats. These crackers are all gluten free, plus goat cheese, capers, and VERY good tuna.
My fourth-grade students and I are tackling a special Little Free Library project. I'm taking it one step at a time and am excited to see the finished product! 
Honestly, this practice of gratitude is just that-a habit, a practice. So for example, this was on my way to work and as I was exclaiming how absolutely stunning the sunrise was I had the further thought to snap a pic.  Gratitude, saved. This is something I have to work, just like a muscle.  I truly do feel lighter, happier, calmer, and more able to handle all that life includes when I'm practicing gratitude. 

Another beautiful view, taken from the car. 

This one too. 

A few more of my favorite things include the many plants at home and in my library, wearing fun clothes, an afternoon cup of coffee or matcha, sunlight (always), and watching The Lost Kitchen's new season on Discovery Plus. 

What was a rosy thing or routine you enjoyed this week? 
Are you a runner or have you thought about being one? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Room for the Rosy: a new blog.

Daily joys lately.

Let’s try this again.